Tuesday 22 February 2011

All Change for 2011

After directional changes akin to a headless chicken I finally got my mind and my life sorted for 2011. After dabbling with full time riding ideas and working in the outdoor sector something rather surprising happened. I started interviewing for jobs in my old sector and I realised just how much I had missed using my head. The result, I got a number of job offers and am due to head back into London to work for the best company I could hope for: EMC.

I needed security again and after an ok winter I think 2011 will still be great from a sporting perspective. The plan is this: balance triathlon, running and bike racing this year and then next year an entirely different and more manageable aim - The London Marathon.

So what are the big aims for 2011 now?!

- Get on European Champ Franky Batelier's wheel at a European XTERRA race!
- Podium at the XTERRA European Championship 
- Podium at IRONMAN 70.3 Antwerp
- Qualify for and podium at the World Duathlon Championship
- Run a 1.06 Half Marathon
- Run a sub 30 minute 10KM
*All races as a pro

2012

- Top 20 at London Marathon - sub 2.20

So far things look good - despite quite light training I have clocked a 1.08.30 over Half Marathon distance in Brighton to finish 2nd out of 8,000 - schwing! and my swim is getting quicker.

In addition some sponsorship changes: It is goodbye to Indy Fab after 5 years. Those that supported me have moved on and the company seems to be in a state of flux and race programme defunct. As such I am signed to race for Cannondale Racing. I will be competing and training on the following bikes:

- Cannondale FLASH Hi-Mod 29er
- Cannondale SLICE Time Trial Bike
- Cannondale CAAD 10 Road bike

Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment